4 Ways to Fight the Income Apocalypse
Everywhere you turn, income-focused investors face enormous challenges to generate enough yield to keep up with inflation, let alone beat it!
I call it the “income apocalypse,” and today, I have a handful of strategies that can combat it.
1. Martin Weiss has spent the last several days telling you about the emerging world of decentralized finance (DeFi) and how you can use it to generate market-crushing yields.
I highly recommend you check out his tutorial by clicking here.
But what about the funds you want to keep in TRADITIONAL assets? How can you generate sizable yields ... yields that beat the S&P 500 and U.S. Treasurys ... OUTSIDE of the cryptocurrency universe?
I’m glad you asked, because I just dedicated November’s issue of Safe Money Report entirely to that topic.
The income apocalypse entails the following:
• Record-low interest rates.
• Even lower, negative “real” (inflation-adjusted) rates.
• Miserable Treasury and dividend yields.
• Pitiful corporate debt payouts.
• Dangerous junk bond rates.
• Atrocious annual percentage yields (APYs) on everything from certificates of deposit (CDs) to savings accounts and money market funds.
It’s a toxic environment for income investors like you. You face challenges that seem insurmountable.
But they don’t have to be.
As I laid out in my hot-off-the-press issue, you can use the other three techniques — in addition to DeFi-based stategies — to fight back:
2. Screen for higher-yielding exchange-traded funds (ETFs), stocks and mutual funds using the Weiss Ratings website.
You can use the tools there to search for investments with higher ratings and dividend yields that beat the S&P 500.
You do so for your stock money, your bond money and even your cash-like investments. The goal? Squeeze as much yield as you can out of every part of your portfolio!
3. Let me dig deeper for you!
My income-focused methodology in Safe Money Report adds several more layers of analysis. I’m not just looking for high yields. I’m looking for significant dividend growth, the ability to cover generous payouts and much more.
That process is paying off nicely, too. Many of the investments I’ve identified are returning significant gains for subscribers … not to mention yields that leave the S&P 500 in the dust.
4. Turn to options for greater income.
Trading options can seem like playing craps or roulette. But if you focus on SELLING them for income rather than BUYING them for speculation, you can turn the tables on Wall Street.
You can generate much more consistent income, with a much higher “win” percentage, boosting the yield your nest egg throws off substantially. Plus, if you use select investment vehicles, you don’t even need an options account to profit from this tactic. Page 6 of the November issue of Safe Money Report tells you how!
Bottom line: If you’re like many other investors, you’re desperately trying to fight the income apocalypse. I’m confident the four techniques Martin and I have laid out for you will get you headed in the right direction.
Until next time,