Whether Putin Attacks or Not, Stick With This Approach
Will he or won’t he?
That’s the question governments and markets are wrestling with when it comes to President Vladimir Putin and his plans for Ukraine.
Last Friday, markets tanked after the U.S. warned Russia could invade its neighbor “at any time.”
Tuesday morning, markets rallied after Russia suggested 10,000 of the estimated 130,000 troops deployed near Ukraine would return to their barracks.
- I won’t pretend to have the answer to this question. No one does except for Putin himself.
And from an INVESTOR standpoint, my advice — regardless of the answer — is quite simple:
- Continue to stick with a “Safe Money” approach to investing!
What do I mean by that?
Focus even more intently on three things: quality, safety and resiliency.
I’m not trying to be dismissive. I don’t want to downplay the very real and tragic costs of war. I hope that a peaceful resolution can be found.
But even before Putin adopted his aggressive posture in eastern Europe:
1. We were ALREADY facing a more forceful Federal Reserve.
2. We were ALREADY witnessing the yield curve flattening dramatically.
3. We were ALREADY seeing money rotate from more aggressive, risky, growth stocks to more defensive, lower-risk, value stocks.
4. And we were ALREADY seeing the markets start to struggle.
Add war risk on top of that and what do you get?
- An environment where investing without a Safe Money bent is flat out dangerous!
Now if you’ve been following my work, you know a key component of that approach is focusing on INCOME. Investment strategies and products that deliver handsome payouts.
That’s incredibly important these days because interest rates still remain at rock-bottom levels and inflation is devouring your nest egg day in and day out.
A steady income stream can help you fight back!
It can help you grow your wealth consistently, steadily and substantially over time.
It can cushion downside moves and it can give you the cash you need to deploy after markets slump ... or to put to any other use you see fit.
That’s why I urge you to click here and learn how you can use my Weekend Windfalls strategy to help combat these market conditions.
Putin may be the only one with the answer to the invasion question.
But I’m confident that if you follow these recommendations, you’ll have the answer to the question of what to do as an investor.
Until next time,